The University of Nairobi is part of associations that provide us with support and opportunity to network with other institutions of higher learning across Africa and globally
The African Research University Alliance (ARUA) is a consortium of 16 research-intensive universities (University of Lagos, Nigeria; University of Ibadan, Nigeria; Obafemi Awolowo University IIe-Ife, Nigeria; University of Ghana, Ghana; University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; University of Nairobi, Kenya; University of Cape Town, South Africa; University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa; University of Rwanda, Rwanda; University Cheikh Anta Diop, Senegal; Makerere University, Uganda
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Rhodes University, South Africa
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa
- Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
spanning 9 countries in Africa.
ARUA aims to develop local research excellence through collaboration to find solutions to the development problems of Africa.
ARUA Priority Areas of Engagement
ARUA currently pushes its agenda in three areas, namely
- collaborative research
- Training and support for PhD's
- Capacity building for research management