Big Data, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence are driving a revolution around the world as companies rush to take advantage of their data and turn it into a competitive advantage. However there is a shortage of skilled data scientists and managers worldwide and this shortage is much worse in Africa.
In this program, participants will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling, to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects.
The goals of the program are to deliver:
- Hands-on experience and deep understanding of key technical skills in data science including machine learning, big data computing and business intelligence.
- A dynamic network of colleagues who will be future leaders and data scientists.
- A portfolio of real-world success stories in data science, backed up by quantitative performance metrics.
- The ability to rapidly learn new data science skills to allow them to remain on the cutting edge despite the rapidly evolution in the field.
- An understanding of which areas of data science they wish to specialise in.
Full awards covering tuition for the complete course and travel and living expenses to attend the 2-week workshop are available for qualifying African students.
Applications for scholarships will only be accepted from students in:
- South Africa,
- Namibia, and
Funder: Big Data Africa
Deadline: 30 September 2021